Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 27, 2014


HOLA to all!

WOW this week went by so fast. Seriously, it feels like I was just writing you. It's scary thinking I am half way done with MTC already but exciting too. Not going to lie it is comforting to know that time is going by so fast, not because i am not enjoying it, is just means I am busy and don't have to worry about the days and weeks and months ahead as much. 


Elder Ballard came to devo this Tues! We are super lucky to have gotten two apostles in a row! Awesome. Sang in the choir again for devotional, Joseph Smith's first prayer. it was really pretty, even though you couldn't prob hear my voice if everyone stoppeed signing... .haha oops. But I am working on at least looking better when I sing hahaha. He talked about his mission and what he wished he would have known before leaving and it was so great!!!! some of my fave quotes:

"decide to live in a way that allows you to be in a position to always be able to tdo what the Lord needs you to do and be able to say like CHrist, Here am I, send me" 
  • Learn how to relate to people, for your mission and for life
  • Life is a process of setting goals- really every day, think of a mission for life not just 18 months
  • Decide before you leave each morning what your objectives are that day, know what youre after!
  • Every human soul is precious
  • The atonement is a great umbrella of love
  • Once you know the doctrine you wont ever not want to express yourself or your purpose, talk to everyone, YOU matter in their conversion. 
  • "Get up, even when it is hard, get up and do the best you can every single day and let the power of heaven fall upon you" -- loved this one at the end!
  • The atonement can make anything right in this world-- ( really think about that one guys) 
  • He stressed how there isnt much time left and we, this generation, needs to reach our potential for the sake of everyone and we are the ones who will carry this kingdom off. learn all you can and work until the Lord comes and says "that's enough" 
  • "Be accountable" is what I was thinking by the end, really powerful
He shared so many good things but that's all I can spend time on now ha. SOO good and up lifting. He is truly inspired. He just stood there and talked without writing things down he said and he just shared and everything he said was what someone needed to hear. 

We got newbies this week in our Zone!! 5 hermanas and 6 elders. 4 in intermediate district (2 boys 2 girls) and the rest in beginner district. So now we are back to 4 districts and a full zone. It is hard but fun trying to fill them in on the MTC ways here without overwhelming their lil heads. We don't see them a ton but every night we do and at church and meals usually. One of the intermediate Hermanas is 22 like Hermana Albach. She just finished the Masters of  Accounting program at BYU and told Cole good luck with it hahaha. But she is prob my fave. (The younger ones are a lil more reserved or, idk, just not as willing to ask questions and learn from us in a way it seems like, but they are all nice.) 3 elders are from Calgary Alberta Canada area. I couldn't remember exactly where Rochelle Bryan is from, but they are all going to SLC spanish. 

Had a great lesson with Draut last Saturday night about adjusting to mission life, stress and his (horrible) companions. No joke they were pretty much all hard and didn't want to work at all besides his trainer. Hoping that's not what I will say March of 2016! But, either way, he shared something cool that I kind of already knew, but it was good to hear again: "Don't compare yourself to others because it's natural when things are bad to think that youre doing something wrong. When you compare it is a form of pride, even when you put yourself below others."  So like you said this week mom: "Be patient with yourselves". I am working on that. I think what is actually hardest for me here is that there is so much you know that you need to learn and do but not a ton of time btw planning lessons for companions and such to really do it and when you have some time you think you should be doing something to help your investigator and you at the same time and you just don't know what to do. I have never really struggled with focusing and studying hard but it's really hard here. When you aren't teaching (4 lessons a day starting next monday) or in class with a teacher, it is so hard to not get distracted or to waste time actually just figuring out what the best use of time is. also personal time is when I am most sleepy: Ours is right after dinner so this week I was fighting to stay awake during it! Also in the temple this morning I was SO sleepy, which is sad because I heard they might be cleaning it for 2 weeks after conference this weekend so that may have been our last week for 18 months and it was the fist temple session that I could not stay awake. ahhhh dang it. 

Not sure how pday will work next sat because of conference. Maybe we will have it Friday or maybe we will only just be allowed to email for an hour btw sessions. They better at least give us that!!!! So just check those emails often folks! They havent told us anything really about conference at all. I assume we get bused up to main campus, which is kind of a drag because we will have to stay all day and not be able to do anything really -- ha, but I am excited nontheless!!!

Last Sunday we got to watch the Ogden Temple rededication. So cool. We were all sleepy (On Saturday and Sunday we actually get the least amount of sleep because of service at 6:15 Saturday and earlier schedule on Sunday) but it was still cool. Got the white hanky and all -- really neat expereince. 

Also, we got to go to Brigham's landing last Sat and had a burger and fries and stopped at great harvest. Today we are going to Jamba Juice and Great Harvest. It's so nice to have real food and be out!!!!! We will be taking the newbies today. 

Great scripture moment this week: Alma 32:33 ( I think) talks about how a seed will only produce fruit of its kind. Faith is compared to a seed, so faith will only produce more faith. Faith begets faith. So cyclical and awesome to think about each day: Act in faith and you will have more faith, assurance, action then evidence. There's a talk by Elder Bednar called "Seek Learning by Faith" READ it folks. 
Also I want to learn more Spanish because I am getting more comfotable with saying the words I know in lessons but I want to expand my vocabulary. So far it's been a lot of working around words I don't know with ones that i do. that's ok I know and how it has to start but that's a goal of mine ffor this week: Learn some more phrases that I can incoorporate in lessons. 

Also new investigator this week named Gabriel. We met him in the "garden of eden" outside. Pretty sure he is actually Catholic and just volunteers here. He is SO prepared. Loves God, prayer, Christ and has a strong testimony. We taught him about restoration and he was like "wow. ok well I believe in a limetless God so "porque no?" haha. Such a great guy and lesson and he said he will start the BOM. Hopefully he does because he is PRIME I tell ya!
Also Ariel our atheist guy is "coming to church" with us Sunday and is so much happier now and said he will be baptized if he comes to know if this is true! Wow talk about a change of heart... the gospel is true. The atonement really can bring a change of heart. Repentance is a hopeful word as it means we can change and come unto Christ. We had a great discussion as a district about that very thing last Sunday.  

I only have a few mins left. I love you all so much. I am so blessed to have you in my life and I know Heavenly Father loves you too. I know He answers prayers so just keep praying. I know that other people need to know that God loves them too. I think that is one of the most powerful messages that I hope to express, convey and help others to feel. 

Set some goals this week in your lives (I will do it too) and see how they help. Also read the scriptures and pray for the spirit of revelation; turn outward and remember that you are loved!!!!!! 

LES AMOOOOOOO! 
Hermana Myers