Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hermana Emma Myers -- Week One -- September 13, 2014






HOLA! 
ok SO much to share!! first of all I Love all of you and absolutley loved the package and pictures!!!! perfect boost! and I just picked up all the letters from "dear elders" because our district leader has to get them for us :( so he just did and i loved reading them!!! so keep em coming por favor

Mis companeros: 
I am in a trio!!!! Hermana Albach from Orem (2 mins away) and Hermana Farrow from San Diego!
They are amazing! seriously so blessed and lucky to get them. We are all normal and get along super well, seriously dont even know what we will fight about in the future lol.  Albach is 22 and just finished nursing school at UVU! She is the mission nurse in Posario (Sp?) Argentina which is way north east. Farrow just turned 19 in July and is going to my mission. Awesome I know! she is super cute and has a boyfriend back home and super excited. We all have laughed a ton so far and talk all the time. 

Interesting part:
I am what's called a "solo" missionary. I have a special sticker on my name tag and everything that says solo. it means I am the only sister that is in intermediate spanish right now. Elders can be solos too but I only know of one other solo and she is a sister from idaho that got here a few weeks ago. she has 6 elders with her and I have only 3 (one didn't ever show... so they are a trio too now) They are HILARIOUS and really cool guys. like not nerdy and quiet at all. Elders Fallentine from san diego (knows sis farrow a little actually, common friends)  (pronounced Fashiontinay) in argentina bc of the accent! elder smith from tennessee (18 years old stright out of hihg school)  and elder Osgood from North California (went to UCLA for a year) fallentine is going to nahia blanca and the other two are going to ecuador guacil( no idea how to spell) south mission. Fallentine and I are the best at spanish but I undertand a lil more than him and he speaks much quicker than me and just more fluifdly but we both help the other two out and they aren't bad at all either haha. It's definitely different but really fun actually. 

Teachers:
Maestro Draut from michigan studying at BYU. he is super caring and nice and great spanish and lets us take walks with him while we study and speak spanish bc there are only 4 of us and it's gorgeous outside here and hard to stay in one room. He went to my mmission so he has an Argentine accent and has already given me tips! like they say la anana for pineapple instead of la pina haha. So cool that he went there!  Maestra Martinez is from Mexico. She is super sweet and to be honest we have been taught by her a lot yet bc she comes in morning and we taught her as our investigator yesterday morning. I am not allowed to teach with just one of them so all 4 of teach together. We plan a lot for our investigator lessons. We had our firist yesterday and it was so cool. we al felt the spirit and had non problem going for 40 mins (granted there are 4 of us haha) but she cried as our our investigator and it was cool. she promised to read BOM and pray. we taught her how to pray in spanish even though we just learned and it was hard speaking spanish but we all bore testimony fine and just took it slow. 

We are at west campus all the time expect for sat morning for temple and tues and sunday nights for devotionals. we take a bus up there. temple was so great this morning. I will send pics. sprit is so strong here. I know every one says that but really haha. happier than I thought I would be. branch pres is nice and all teh presidency wives are so nice and cute gmas and want to hug all the time which is great :) don't worry mom. we live in own apartments. with bathroom and 2 rooms, so yeah I have my own room. how weird and lucky. I am prob not supposed to be sleeping in my own room is my guess but no room to move mattress and so we just keep doors open. anyway so first night was hard to fall asleep but past nights have been great. just confsing to wake up in the dark again hahah! but don't worry mom. so much nicer than sharing with everyone in hall bathrpom. and I have TONS of space for stuff... like can't even fill the space with my stuff. but yeah it is just like living at new heritage. we dont cook but we have a fridge and ice! 

food is kinda bad. not horribble but diff than main campus. less salad bar options. but not disgusting tasting -- just not great for you, but I have my energy bars for night time because we eat dinner at 4:30 and I'm always hungry by 10:30 again haha.... so thanks mom. Also I would gain way more weight over there bc all the options. 

I will think of more things but ill try to catch you guys right now. "Pon Tu hombre a la lid!" first hymn in espanol I sang! it's a good one. we sign it with whole zone..

My brain feels like mush sometimes and hard to prioritize time bc way more independent time than I was expeting and lots to do but it's good work. 

Also we can walk oto brighamns landing with supremem burger and jamba and great harvest on pdays and stuff (in missionary clothes) and so thats awesome. going tonight with the district and zone peeps. cant do taht at main campus haha. thought of you mom when you said you loved going to store and stuff. also creamery here at yview. sorry for all the typos. figure you can decipher and I am speeding! 
LOVE you guys!! miss you but not crying every night (like I kind of expected haha) so don't worry. i think it 
will be more homesick when going to Argentina. 

Oh yeah so my comps are in beginner spanish so I just meet them and we walk everywhere together and just separate for class (whivh is most of the day) but it's fine! just have to have at least 2 of the elders with me in a room and stick with comps for the rest. also exercise time is great. 10:30 in morning and they have one machine liekthe EAC ones. SO HAPPY bout htat! I go on that :) they have big huge bubble looking gyms set up (3) with courts and stuff and some weights and machines for us. Just like your modgual gym too jack!!!!! 

"I think of you every time I go to bed" ! glad you like my blankie, made my so happy to hear that. You're awesome (Jack) and I love reading your email and your AWESOME picture (except your frowny face. smile more bc I love you and it helps) 

XOOXOX em