Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Elder Myers March 8, 2001

I am doing well down here in South Harbor with Elder Tuttle. I am trying to learn from him before he goes home. Right now I am working on trying to comport myself in a more professional manner. It is taking self control so that I am not as loud as I otherwise would have been while still being myself.

The only update from our area from last email is that we are continuing to try to contact some people (including Miguel who has a baptismal date....) We are also still working with Amada. She didn't come to church last Sunday because her son was in town last Sunday from Brazil. We will teach her about the importance of the Sabbath.

A new update is Teresa and her two sons Javier (6) and Emiliano (4). Her husband is waiting on the courts to decide if he will be deported back to MEX because he was caught as an illegal immigrant because he didn't pay a ticket and didn't go to court. She is a member referral and we are really excited to start teaching her. She is excited too. She is really interested in how family centered the gospel and the ward organization is. The only thing is that she can't read, so we will see how that goes.