Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Elder Myers Oct 6, 2009

hey family! i love and miss you all!

to jack:
i do sleep on a bunk bed, its a big metal one. I sleep on the bottom bunk and my companion sleeps on the top bunk. That is so cool that you have a bunk bed in your room now! There are 3 other elders in my room including my companion. Two of them are leaving next monday at three in the morning for Colombia. I have a desk in my room, i write in my journal and read my spanish scriptures outloud every night before i go to bed at 10:30 (i try to be on time but its kinda hard... im working on it!!) at it. My companion has a spot at the same desk right next to me. I have all the pictures you drew up on the wall above my desk and some other pictures you guys sent me, and i keep the picture book out on my desk... Thanks for drawing me those pictures! i love them!! I have a wardrobe and drawers that i put all my stuff in. Ill send pictures soon of my room and other stuff. Would you like that? There are no pets allowed in the MTC unfortunatley.... Thats so fun that you can eat panera and have play dates! I am having fun but its a lot of work! i hope you are having fun too!! i miss you and i love you!

to dad/fam:
moses 1:39 would be great haha thanks! and im so happy taht you and mom went to the temple! i went today and my companion and i got to ask (well had to because the person in the celestial room wasnt allowed to answer) the temple register some questions. There is so much to learn! haha

to the family:
yeah its been quite a fun week, my companion and i get along really well, although i know i would probably not be friends with anyone in my district except elder whitney who we saw at cafe rio. No they didnt put us with anyone else- only Elders Weir, whitney, orme, myself, and hermana hoegawoening are left.

i LOVED the book you guys sent! i showed some of the elders in my district some pics and jacks dear elder to me and the bro of jared story! hahaha it was so cute!

someone needs to (lovingly) tell those FRESHMAN THAT THEY ARE FRESHMAN AND DONT KNOW ANYTHING haha

I LOVED conf!! i thought elder hollands talk was insane! it was so powerful and bold!i also liked both of monsons talks (one was in priesthood...) Tad R. Callister (sat pm) kent d watsons (sat PM) niel l anderson (sat pm) and elder bednars (sat am) those are my favs from the sessions you missed... it was like the first time i have really truelly enjoyed conference. my whole district commented on how brain dead and drained we feltafter the weekend! haha

but again thanks for the pic book! i love it! i really like all the pics, you chose well- i wouldnt think to put some in but they were all really good choices and im glad they are there!

i am going to send pics soon!i will probably put them on a CD and mail them to you... i have a pic with ian that he wants to get to his parents...

i participated in another priesthood blessing last night- one of the elders in my district asked for one... it was very powerful! i felt the spirit very strongly... my companion (elder riska) gave the blessing...

what about the camera case? sorry i keep bugging you but i want to know if i can return the one i currently have because i dont really like it...

also i could have sworn my perscription isnt 1.5 left and 1.25 right anymore, i thought it was changed... also i have two 1.25 right dailys i believe now- you sent lucys and the doctors just sent one that i got today...

btw did you get my last email? i dont know if i spelled your email address correctly.... illl resend it,...

send my love to the moffats, whittles, laws, grandma and grandpa and the ward!!!!!

thanks for the blessings! i pray for you guys too! stick with swimming and high school i am a testament that 4 years of it DONT kill you (by the way i am indeed realizing how good my education was.... haha random and not judgemental but no one in my district or at my table at lunch knew who chairman mao was... haha but dont worry i am not being prideful etc i just subtly was very grateful for all those intense and gruelling years at NT etc... thanks!