Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Elder Myers Oct 13, 2009

hey everyone!
sorry to hear everyone is sick! sarah sent me a dear elder and told me she went to our house on sunday. she was so happy! and she said you had a cold... and ps i didnt get to talk to pres van de graaff on the phone haha, nathan held the phone in the air and i said ?como esta?
anyway to respond to the business items:
-ok thanks to all! will do- pants and contacts...
-but contacts- my prescription....the one i had before leaving was 1.25 R and 1.5 L, i thought that changed... but i guess not because that is the prescription i have hear....
-how do i wash the comforter? just regular? did you get my seperate email about that? and how should i dry it? i am using my own pillows and their sheets that are washed once a week now... its just easier that way...

thanks for the martinellis, candy and cinnamon! haha

ok anyway: i am sending you pics on a CD later this week. some things you might want to know about them (and just ask me questions of who people are or whatever by dear elder and ill respond in the next email)
-the pic with me and four guys in pajamas are the four who left to peru-notice the boulter twins... and then elders bies and serle
-any pic with me and a bunch of people is my district... although now we have a new hermana! long story short she broke her minuscus (sp) she was in an advanced district (they are in the MTC for three weeks) but she is going on her 5th week i believe of being delayed...) she is from guatemala/lived in vancouver the past 5ish years- there is a pic of her and me by the temple...
-my companion, elder riska, is the one with black hair and there are a couple of pics of just him and me... (btw he is the new district leader!)
-the old district leader is the one making a PU face with me puffing out my cheeks. we saw him at cafe rio...
-the guy with dark black hair sitting on a desk by the chalk board is my teacher hermano vance. he is crazy! haha
-if there is a shot of just another person and me its most likely a friend from my floor that i have class on...

anyway.... great to hear about the FHE thing with SW.... so funny! show jack the pics of my room, bed bathroom closet etc... ps i have a new desk and bed as of yesterday-bc our roomates left its only elder riska and me in the room as of right now... we switched to the other side of the room so the door wouldnt be banging into me at me desk... so my new desk has a pic of my water bottle on the AC thing and my new bed doesnt have my comforter from home on it...

lucy- dont stress about the ACT!! junior year DOES end and it wont kill you! just study and try hard. focus on learning not grades! you take your learning to the spirit world not your grades haha
emma and lucy- swim fast! try hard! and dont worry about your times! get your head out of the meets and just swim.... haha

wow ok no more advice....

as for the hump- i def feel like i have platuead (big sp) in terms of growth esp spiritual... i feel like i shot out of a cannon in the beginning and then it peaked with gen conf. but i know that now i have to use my faith and apply what i have learned esp at conf- the lord doesnt always hold your hand, we have agency- thats one of a bazillion things i learned at conf.
but yes elder riska (new district leader cant remember if i told you that)is going to LA too and elder weir (blond guy who doesnt smile in the district pics) and yes we are still leaving on 11.11 but they dont tell us our travel plans until later...

but i love and miss all of you!
will

sarah- what is your address? send me a dear elder with it please... i sent a letter on sept 30 that got returned to me and i havent double checked it but i dont think its wrong....

cassi/family: there is guy who moved out of the second ward when i was in 8th grade. now he is in the arlington ward. he lives on my floor and goes to class on my floor too... i forget his name but i think i recognize him... john scott hasnt come in yet but we are both waiting for him. also i sent you a letter today so youll get that soon...