Monday, February 21, 2011

Elder myers Feb. 21, 2011

As I said we are doing great down here! I love the El Cabrillo branch! It seems more tight-knit than any of the wards I have served in (besides Pacific Palisades ward which is awesome) I love how it is more personable, especially with missionaries and investigators. I feel like I work better as a missionary with these kinds of relationships.

I went through the temple with Jorge as he received his endowments for the first time. It was such an amazing experience! I hope to do it again with my other RCs! I def know from first hand experience that the temple is the goal of the gospel/missionary work.

oh to add to that: I went through in Spanish! It was really neat!!!

also we have an investigator who is 19 and she has 3 kids with her BF!!! She droppedout of HS halfway through soph year and had a kid at 16... I meet a ton of girls like this but she is only the second I have really talked to... so emma and lucy- how would you like to have kids now? DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! lol